made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

So I thought we were supposed to have flying cars by now? Maybe that's 2020?
Either way 2011 DID become a big year for technology in our house. I hope the evil-geniuses over at Apple appreciate our hard earned money...2 new iPods (plus 1 recall trade-in), an iPod Touch, an iPhone and an iPad make us happy and nerdy all at the same time.
I'm not going to recap the year, that's what the right side of the blog is for. But I'd like to note that we are thankful for our jobs, friends, family & health. 
I will however talk about what's in store for 2012. 
I always make the same resolutions:
-get healthy (formerly get skinny)
-get organized
-pay off bills
Every year these things don't happen.
So apparently I need to change my game plan.or actually follow through with the said plan.
As for the get healthy portion I am currently reading these two books
*
I'm fully aware that merely reading these won't actually help, so I suppose I will have to put for some effort in my get healthy plan. I already have been working on cutting out(or) back on animal proteins. So far my mechanism for dairy is just not adding any. Like not adding cheese, butter or sour cream. Things that already have them in it are still going into my mouth...like cookies. 
As for meat, I had a turkey on Thanksgiving and pork on my birthday. Along with seafood twice since then. 
It's not a big deal. I..I have made sure to not make it a big deal. 
What I have involved others in is this:
After watching this:
I convinced my mom(a die-hard water bottle fan) to use a filtered reusable one. Though she (nor I) love the ones that I bought...poor flowage. We'll see. 
Watch for yourself and tell me you don't want to run out and buy one.
Those above books were influenced by a few documentries I watched on Netflix...damn Netflix.
*



The get organized issue isn't being solved with reading blogs. SO I guess I'll have to be a little more proactive on this one.
The pay off bills portion is a slow and steady battle. I'd like to change this to save money.someday.
I told my girls that once this place: 

is opened that if I can't buy it there we aren't getting it.
Yea, this didn't go over well.

So that's about it. No trips planned, nothing fancy like that. 
However we will now be frequenting this place:
And...
Can't wait for softball season to start.
Can't wait for 2 weeks off for Spring Break.
Can't wait for summer time.
Hope 2012 is full of Sunshine, Rainbows & Lollipops!
I hope we ALL stay safe, happy & healthy.
And hope this for you as well♥.


(fyi-thanks google for the pictures)