made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cable, Organic Veggies, VBS

It's been a week since you've been gone cable box....

I have to admit that it is strange to not turn on the TV and watch A&E...I'm missing Obsessed...and the baseball games...not missing commercials though. I made Bradley watch Anjelah Johnson and a few documentaries...Loose Change is disturbing! Refrigerator Mothers is sad and Food, Inc left me not wanting to eat anything ever again...for a few days anyhow.



                                                                         Produce....
Soooo...with the $50+ dollars I'm saving from NOT paying for cable I'm going to buy a box of organic fruits and veggies. This will be shipped to my door every four weeks for $31.50. A friend recommended it...our first box comes this Thursday...we'll see!



Vacation Bible School for The Clueless
I have only been to church for weddings and a baptism in my thirty years here. Bradley has only been a handful of times as a youth....needless to say our kids have never been.
So when some friends invited us to VBS I was oddly intrigued...and surprised Brad was on board, sort of. 
The girls just went last week at St. Johns Lutheran. They had a blast.
I asked Juliet if she learned about Jesus, she said in a painfully excited voice "No, but about someone named God that made EVERYTHING, even you and me!" Abigail didn't really say much about it one way or the other, but said she has fun. 
Everyone was sooo painfully nice there, it makes you want to be a part of it...(like a cult perhaps?-just sayin')..I even recognized that I say "what the hell" and "Jesus Christ" a little too much....but why suppress that now? It's as close to faith as I get.